Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Life is deliciously enjoyable. Thick summer air, delightful conversations with old friends, and the promise that in a few days I will have a new last name (with, of course, all the name-changing stress that brings with it; still and all, I like the new one better).

Oh the joy and delight that comes with watching the Lord provide and resting on his impeccable timing. I spout platitudes about having faith and trusting in the Lord, and I really do try to believe that I mean it; but somehow, I feel like "mere" faith is a cop-out, a lazy-man's excuse for sitting back and doing nothing. But He works despite my doubt, and I find myself saying "Lord I believe, help thou mine unbelief"--believe not only in his power, but also in his goodness in choosing the path and the time that is best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home