Tuesday, March 14, 2006

a real post

Yes, folks, you heard that right. Amy is actually going to post on her blog. Get ready, here is comes . . .

Life is coming at me all at once these days, and I keep wondering if the insane busyness is going to get better after the wedding. I don't want to put off living until after May 27th, but it just seems so hard to keep track of everything that must be done. If I write or read, then I feel guilty for not taking care of more pressing matters; when I am at work, I want to be home writing and reading. Perhaps this is how I will be for the rest of my life; I suppose I'd better work out a system now for getting everything done.

I'm looking forward to having a house that is exclusively Ours. I can't wait to decorate, and he's going to let me have free reign. I'm looking forward to writing without major distractions (it is hard to find silence in a house where six people still live), and to welcoming my husband home from work with a steaming pot of food that I shopped for and planned myself. I'm looking forward to not having to say "good-bye" when we say "goodnight," to being able sign my checks "Mrs. MacCready," to seeing his face when I walk down the aisle. I'm tired of waiting!

I come down to Bryan again in a week-and-a-half, for a bridal shower. I have to run to work right now. Sorry for such a fragmented post, but at least I posted!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth Impson said...

Hi, Amy -- you sound like a very normal bride-to-be! While it may seem forever, you will suddenly find it May and wonder if you will be able to get everything done that you need to by the 27th. :)

It's wonderful to hear young people express this lovely anticipation -- so many today have no understanding of it at all and miss out on so much of the wonder of marriage because they've "experimented" beforehand. It will all be worth it!

Ben and Jessica's wedding was perfect and made me think of how delightful yours and Eddie's will be. Just remember, you are waiting a short time to have a lifetime of joy.

Looking forward to seeing you if it works out when you come down.

Beth

4:07 AM  
Blogger amelia ruth said...

I didn't know they were getting married! English grads Ben and Jessica?

Sometimes I wonder how this all came upon me so suddenly; it seems like such a short time since I was a freshman, since I was president of the single's club, since I was determined to be a professor. Then here I am, about to be married forever; how did it happen? And in what will be such a short time, I'll have married children of my own. Where does the time go? But I am savoring these moments.

I'm coming Friday morning, so I'll pop by your office and see if you're there sometime that day.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Megan S. said...

Hello, Amy:
So glad we were able to talk even for just a bit this past weekend! May you and Eddie be blessed as you draw closer and closer to the advent of your marriage. I'm praying for you, friend!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home