Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a new post

Well, folks, it's time. I'm a writer, after all. Why is it that for months and months I can't seem to organize my thoughts enough to post even a little something?

The answer is a good one. I have written a novel. And pitched it to two agents (although one of them, when he heard that my novel was not one of those 300-page fantasies you see on bookstore shelves, didn't want to hear my pitch). And, after that intriguing experience, was motivated to write another two novels.

Pitching was not successful; I have not had any requests for manuscripts. But I love writing, and I believe that the now small and unpopular fantasy market needs a face-lift--books that are readable by ordinary people like me, books like Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia, or space trilogy. Books to be read and enjoyed, rather than waded and suffered through. And if I never get a publisher for the kind of fantasies I intend to write, at least I know I will always have an interested reader in Eddie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home