Wednesday, April 13, 2005

God's grace

He has proven it to me over and over again--he is sovereign, and in his counsel there is fulfillment and grace beyond measure.

I am free to pursue my passions and callings thanks to the counsel of a wise friend and mentor and sister in Christ; free to do what I have always loved to do without feeling guilty.

I don't have to graduate from college.

And that realization has been incredible for me. I can be just as much of a person, of a woman, of a child and servant of God if I don't graduate as if I do. I am not being lazy, or copping out, just because I am choosing to pursue that which God has placed in my heart a love for.

God is bigger than my need to measure up, my need to find security, even my feminine need to love and be love. He is gracious toward my daily struggling to meet up to some ideal I have for myself, and has allowed me to drop that ideal in view of something much bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home