Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Well, it has been awhile, hasn't it? I am an irregular blogger at best, and never say anything of any import in my blogs. Well, today shall be different.

Life has lately presented me with so very many confusions. There is so much I want to change in my world, so much that I see that frightens me about the future. Can I change man's hearts? Can I change the fact that we continue not only to perform evil deeds, but to condone those deeds in others?

And prayer seems so ineffective. I pray, but it doesn't save Terri Schiavo or turn the heart of liberal judges. I pray, but my brothers and sisters in China still languish in work camps. I pray, but God doesn't answer.

Or perhaps he does, in a way that I didn't expect. Perhaps he is answering by bringing his kingdom nearer each day: bringing that day closer when this world with its wickedness and perversion will no longer be our life. When the stresses of today will be caught up and melt away as we see his glory, "that of the only begotten son, full of grace and truth."

Is it only God's promise to Noah in Genesis that preserves us from another flood? We've certainly been asking for it for the past three thousand or so years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home